Sunday, February 15, 2009

Spring Morning

As I walk with Mom and Inigo I notice how spring is releasing the frosty remains of winter along the path to the beach. The mornings rays reach through the long shadow of the trees, finger the frosty grass, leaving a gistening jewel of dew on each blade with its touch.
The beach is nice this morning. The sun is warm, the murmur of a family on the beach, birds in the water and insects buzzing the air seem to join together singing a quiet song of solitude. Even Inigo is quiet only his light foot pads rustling the glassy pebbles beneath his feet add melody to music that plays only for this beach.
The soft edge of the sea rolls in harder for a moment in response to an unseen boat. The rails behind me rumble as a train filled with travelers passes over head.
...And then it's quiet again. The birds, the insects, me all rolling on the soft edge of the sea. The winter frost thaws a little in my bones. I squeeze my eyes to the sunshine and the salty stillness that can't quiet muster a breeze. Life is good.
It's as if the whole of the universe has conspired to create this moment just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment